For some reason, hair loss is generally considered to be a man’s issue. In reality, the problem is virtually equal between men and women; nearly half of the hair loss sufferers in the United States are women. Many of the causes of hair loss in women are the same for men. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons women in Charlotte are experiencing hair loss and how our hair restoration service may be able to help.
What Causes Hair Loss in Women?
- Female pattern baldness. It exists, although the male version is more widely known. Female pattern baldness behaves in exactly the same way, and it can start as early as in your 20’s.
- Pregnancy. Any woman who has been pregnant knows that their body is thrown completely out of whack while they are pregnant. Those changing hormones can affect your hair, too, resulting in greater hair loss. Some women end up growing more hair while pregnant, too.
- Thyroid issues. Your thyroid controls your hormones, their production, and their distribution in your body. When your thyroid is experiencing issues, you’ll see all sorts of unusual symptoms, including hair loss. Bringing your thyroid back into balance can put a stop to the shedding.
- Autoimmune conditions. Some autoimmune issues, such as alopecia, directly attack the hair follicles which results in hair loss. Other autoimmune conditions can weaken the hair and cause it to break or fall out more easily.
- Psoriasis. Psoriasis is a disease of the skin that creates red, itchy patches on the skin. If those patches are on the scalp, they can result in hair loss.
- Prolonged illness. Some illnesses wear out the body, giving it less energy to do things like growing hair.
- Injury. Some people end up losing hair after they’ve been in an accident or had a serious injury.
- Surgery. Major surgeries require the body to focus on healing instead of growing hair.
- Large weight loss. If you have a sudden or dramatic decrease in your weight, it can cause your hair follicles to do into a dormant phase and quit growing new hair for a period of time.
- Over styling. Some women notice more hair loss when they’ve been over styling, such as putting in corn rows, curling and blow drying their hair, or brushing it aggressively.
What You Can Do to Combat Hair Loss
Fortunately, in many of these cases, women have hair restoration options. They can experience a healthy, full head of hair once again. Our Charlotte clinic offers hair restoration services that don’t require invasive surgical methods and can help stimulate natural hair growth. Many of our patients experience new, fuller hair in as little as four months and don’t have to worry about lengthy recovery times. It even costs less than surgical options.
If you are tired of seeing thinning hair on your head when you look in the mirror, contact Regenerate. We’re offering free consultation on our hair restoration services for women in Charlotte. Fill out the form below to contact our office for your appointment!